6 Things Every Childless Stepmom Should Do (and Not Do)*
by childless stepparent
1. I am a childless stepparent. My stepchild has two involved parents. I don’t need to take on a parenting role.
2. I am a wife first and a stepparent second. I will enjoy being childfree. I will create time and space for myself.
3. I am not a mom. The part of myself I thought I would give my child – as a mom – has nowhere to go, and that’s okay.
4. My husband chose his former wife to be his child’s mother. He must take responsibility for the consequences of that choice for himself and his daughter.
5. Whatever dynamic exists between my husband and his former wife does not involve me. They must work together for their child’s benefit.
6. I will be kind to my stepchild. I will support my husband in his role as her dad. I will contribute – on my own terms.